Jenny Jowett runs 2 and 4 day courses from her spacious garden studio in watercolour flower painting. All courses start at 9.30am – 4.30pm and include coffee, lunch with wine, and tea.
The watercolour workshops are suitable for all levels of ability and experience. Jenny’s informal teaching methods include talks and demonstrations, individual coaching and discussion to create a varied and interesting day. Everyone is encouraged to develop their own style and complete a piece of work during the course.
You can download a booking form with prices here: JJ Booking Form 2018
Jenny’s Water Colour Workshops 2018
Thursday 8th and Friday 9th March
- We start the year with a course especially suitable for beginners and improvers. Concentrating on accurate drawing, observation, colour mixing and paint application, with demonstrations. Experienced painters are also welcome.
Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd March
- Leaves always seem to pose a problem, so we will concentrate on different textures, highlights and veins. Suitable for all levels of ability
Thursday 5th – Friday 6th April & Thursday 19th – Friday 20th April
- A four day course with a large choice of spring flowers and the opportunity to complete a larger painting or to complete one and bring it back for criticism. I will split the course if this is more suitable.
Thursday 10th and Friday 11th May
- A chance to spend two days painting a landscape. We will look at different ways of doing a sky. Bring a sketch or photo of a place you know. Get into practice for you holiday.
Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd June
- Flaming June – always wonderful things to paint and beautiful colours. Paint a single plant or a summer mixture. Suitable for all levels.
Wednesday 10th – Thursday 11th & Thursday 25th – Friday 26th October
- The second four day course. Lovely autumn colours, flowers, leaves, berries and fungi. Again a choice to finish a piece of work and bring it back for criticism, or do someting ambitious. I can split the days if you prefer.
Thursday 8th and Friday 9th November
- Another two day course with all the autumn colours as well as seed pods, berries, etc. A chance to do a mixed picture, or piant a Christmas card. All levels welcome
Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd November
- The last two days this year, with a mixture of plants, fruits, vegetables, seed pods – always lovely to draw or maybe use pen and wash. Suiatble for all levels
If you have any interesting plants do bring them to paint yourself, or share with others.
To make a booking for any of the above courses, please first call Jenny Jowett on: 01189 700 278 to check availability.
This will be the 33rd year that Jenny Jowett has run a botanical illustration course at Flatford Mill, the beautiful Field Study Centre of John Constable fame.
This course is for all abilities except beginners.
Friday 26th July to Friday 2nd August 2019
Contact: Flatford Mill Centre, East Bergholt, Colchester, CO7 6UL
Tel: 0845 330 7368 – Fax 01206 298892
Jenny is also running a week’s course on Botanical flowers at the charming Dedham Hall. Suitable for all levels of ability
Saturday 21st to Saturday 28th September 2019
Tel: 01206 323027 – Fax 01206 323293